Thursday, March 22, 2018

more spring -more Christmas

It's trying very hard to be Spring. Me too. I had ice cream at dairy queen yesterday, and noticed that they had free cones on March 20th. I guess I was a little late. But it was still yummy. The weatherman says we could have a big snowstorm this weekend. It can try to spoil Spring, but it can't.



Still cutting my Christmas fabric. I have loved everyone's comments and stashes. One minute I am singing a happy dance, because I have the coolest fabrics in the universe, and the next minute, I am grumpy because I will never get it all sorted and certainly not in one lifetime. But, today, this minute, I am busy cutting for a quilt. It is called Holiday Party and is in American Patchwork and quilting magazine December 2016 issue.


It uses 1 1/2 inch strips and I have some lime green greens. I have cut the reds ( and my finger)


I really liked the solid khaki color with the red and greens in the quilt, so I searched my stash, since I am trying to downsize, and I found 2 perfect pieces, but neither was big enough, And I didn't want to combine them.  sigh.....Time to think...


Right in front of me was this  great choice.


It's not solid and it is a border, but the color is perfect. And I own it. And it will help it be useful. And I am singing a happy song.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



WIPs with friends


I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap




2 comments:

  1. Love the new pattern you are working on. Hope the finger cut heals soon and isn't keeping you from getting some good sewing time in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print fabric will work perfectly here - can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete