Friday, March 23, 2018

lazy sunday finish


Lazy Sunday is now a quilt to be used and loved. I am so excited.





I added this quilt to my plan in March 2013 when rumors leaked there would be a Bonnie Hunter mystery in the quiltmaker magazine.  I grabbed my colors in May. In June I started cutting and piecing  and had all the blocks done in July. I didn't start assembling the top until Jan 2014.  I had all the borders finished in March of 2014. So it is fun that it was my March goal to finish it this year. I had a few road blocks, but, the love of the colors and pattern kept me going.  I really like it finished. Every step closer to a finish makes a quilt look better. Imagine that....

The pattern was a 4 part mystery in Quiltmaker Spring 2013, and then Bonnie Hunter added it to her latest book Addicted to scraps. I quilted it with white in big swirls. It is about 90 x 100.

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop



6 comments:

  1. Love this finish :) The colors are perfect in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is a big quilt. Do you have a longarm? I don't think I could ever attempt quilting something so big. Really lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out adorable! I'll definitely be looking up the pattern. I love a good mystery quilt. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color palette is so happy. Congratulations on your finish. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete