Monday, March 26, 2018

carolina crossroads borders

I have progress on my quiltville mystery challenge. I have added the blue borders to Carolina Crossroads. I used a special hint from Jo Kramer of Jo's country junction to measure by draping the top over the longarm frame bars. Wow! It sure saved my back, and was very easy, and I felt like I was doing a good job. I have improved my relationship with borders before through practice, but this is wonderful for me. I might even say I like adding borders.....I might


I have cut the green and gold, and neutrals for Holiday Party. As soon as I find the magazine again - it has wandered off - I will be able to put it all in a box with label for another day.



I have a quilting friend that sent me these, enticing me to swap with her. It worked. We are going to swap 60 each. She is the fussy cutter queen. Aren't they cute? Do you swap with others? I am thinking, as soon as I have the last Marie Webster block hand stitched, I can sit in the evenings with hubby and cut them while watching TV.


I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar


boms away   link in sidebar

8 comments:

  1. All your projects are lovely and thank you for sharing the measuring trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grin...I like the comment, "might even say I like adding borders"....might is definitely the word. I do not enjoy anything past the blocks. Thanks why I have so many UFOs. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got here from Jo's Country Junction. I don't have a long arm to drape my quilt top over to measure for borders, but I might try laying it on a bed and try that. I'm not a fan of borders.
    I don't swap with anyone. Only one friend quilts and we have different likes on quilt techniques. Thanks for sharing, glad I found your blog.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue looks great for the border! I really like those floating friendship stars, much better than the traditional ones. Glad I saw it before I got to cutting out my Anne of Green Gables fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making great progress. I like the little stars, expecially the flag fussy cut into the middle of one. Thanks for sharing on Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dark blue border goes beautifully with the blues in your Carolina Crossroads quilt. Have fun stitching up those friendship stars. How big is each block?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful things going on in your sewing room. Have fun with your swap.

    ReplyDelete