Saturday, March 24, 2018

spring birch trees

birch trees
Today is the rainbow scrap challenge at Soscrappy. And the color is green.
I found 8 - 12 inch pieces of green in my scrap drawer for birch trees. 2 light 4 medium and 2 dark. I really enjoy sewing these. I can get all crazy with the rotary cutter. I have several sets of strings made ahead, and I can just cut them into strips when I am ready. I am keeping with 1 1/2 inches and 2 inch slices so that the leftovers will fit each other to build additional strip sets.





There are lots of great rainbow ideas for beautiful quilts here.
we are going to see our Grandchildren this weekend and I am so excited. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is doing a live streaming concert of Handel's Messiah that will be thrilling, to say the least. Seeing it in person would definitely be a bucket list item for me. I was in the choir for the Messiah once myself here in our community and loved every minute. I can still sing along to most of it.....if no one is watching :)


I am linking to
 SewCan She

rsc18 super saturday

BConcert On-Demand


After the live stream ends, the on-demand concerts will be immediately available in English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish (approximately 11:00 p.m. MDT) for on-demand viewing at motab.org/messiah until Monday, April 9 at 11:59 p.m. MDT.

6 comments:

  1. I always love your birch tree blocks, and they really look great with the green backgrounds! Have fun with the grandkids and singing along with the Messiah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. I really like the block. Hope you enjoy the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are delightful! My husband and I have also sung the Messiah, attended many performances and I love to follow along with my score. Enjoy the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How impressive that you were in the Messiah choir!

    And your birch trees look like a lot of fun. I might have to make some. They look like a good way to use little scraps plus they would be cute in some donation quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a nice variety of greens in your blocks. Very much like a forest on their own. Hope you got to enjoy your time with the grand kids this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SEW glad to see that you were able to work with some of your GREEN scraps this week!!

    ReplyDelete