Sunday, August 6, 2017

Stash report Aug 7, 2017


last year, i kept track of how many shirts I purchased at goodwill. This year I haven't been tallying, because I wasn't going to buy any more - ever. sigh....  But, a couple years ago, the trend in men's shirts was bright and pastel, and those shirts are now appearing at goodwill. It is really hard to resist pink and turquoise and purple. sigh...  And you can always use neutrals.  It was half price saturday...
How many shirts are too many? The flood gates are open....

I may need to change string Saturday to shirt Saturday.

Well at least I didn't buy any fabric






so for my day unplugged, I will be cutting shirts and binding a quilt- hooray.


Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 250 1/2 yards


Fabric Added this Week:0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 247 yards


Net Fabric for 2017: 3 1/2 yards used more than added.


I am linking to:


Slow Sunday Stitching
sharing Sunday

5 comments:

  1. You are so right, the great colors in those shirts (and unique for mens shirts) were just too good to pass up (not enabling I swear)! Also it's a bargain it is in terms of how much fabric you get. Have fun with your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that buying shirts for quilts isn't the same as fabric?? I want to use your logic when explaining to DH. A78mandel at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the border fabric in the quilt you're binding. I haven't dared buy any men's shirts - those in the know say, "once started it's a compulsion not easily ignored".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of pretty shirts in bright colors. My Guy has a few of those. They'd make a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my husband still has a shirt that is very similar to the blue and yellow stripe. These are great fabrics. I never thought to use some of his cast-offs for my quilts. I am looking forward to seeing what you make with these. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete