Thursday, August 3, 2017

letters and box kite

I have started a new project that has kept me off the sewing machine. I rescued a suitcase full of letters between my parents when I was a young girl. This suitcase has been stored away in the basement for many, many years. I haven't even read them. I just didn't take the time to go through them. I  brought them up this week with the intent to pitch them sight unseen. But, no, I am too curious. I have been reading them. They are interesting. and a big puzzle.


My Dad traveled as a salesman and he wrote Mom almost everyday. And she kept them. And they are written on hotel stationary.  I am scrambling to figure out a way to archive them. There are too many to scan them with a regular scanner. I'm not sure any of my children would be interested in them or anyone else for that matter.

I have some more box kite blocks finished. They are just so cute.






I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap



3 comments:

  1. Save the ones of most import or emotion. Pitch the rest. My sister is going through family photos and has used this measure to determine what to keep and what to pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You never know, those letters probably show a certain slice of life that's not all that common anymore. The Box kite blocks are turning out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete