Monday, August 21, 2017

Friday quilt group

My friend Linda and I were discussing the closing of our quilt shop( 3 years ago already) and we realized that we both had a quilt kit in common that neither of us had started. We both had bought the same kit before we had even started sewing together. We picked a Friday and began the cutting together. I doubt very much that I would have gotten this cut out and ready to go with out the support of doing it together. Quilting friends are the best. Quilters are the best.

The pattern was a bit hard to follow. It was the kind that lists fabric by letter, and we had to keep referring to a chart to know which fabric was which. I think we did it. I hadn't brought any paper or labels so I had to improvise with paper towels from the restroom. lol

Other Friday group happenings:
Connie was cutting for a dresden plate quilt


Sue was working on wild and goosey paper piecing


Shellie was cutting for a scrappy calico quilt


Linda was binding a quilt

I made the center star for the civil war Christmas quilt


Our Friday group meets on Fridays at the public library. It is such a fun time for me. Every little bit moves us forward.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
main Crush Monday

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for inspiration and linking to the Show and Tell Monday !! Bambikram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh -- I really like the center star for the Civil War quilt. I hate when it is difficult to figure out cutting directions. I wouldn't have thought to bring sticky labels but that would have really helped you out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you both had the same old UFO kit! I'm loving the paper-towel labels. :)

    ReplyDelete