Sunday, April 9, 2017

stash report April 9, 2017



I didn't add any fabric this week. hooray.

Stash report

Fabric Used this Week:0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 156 1/2 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 48 3/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2017: 107 3/4 yards more used than added
funny how that has not diminished the fabric stash very much.

I have a new friend. He has promised to start when I ask him to and help me take care of weeds. I made sure I could lift it and start it before I brought him home.

I put a customer quilt on the frame and finished it using a butterfly pattern and a dark tan thread.
Linna's Charms #2.

I was surprised by the brightness of this reproduction fabric - so prettty

and the back..

I have another Marie Webster block started for slow Sunday stitching. Now that I am not pressed for this quilt to be a monthly goal, It is going much quicker and seems easier. I stitch up one side and down the other on the stems and leaves and trellis.



I am linking to:
Slow Sunday Stitching

9 comments:

  1. Slow Sunday stitching is supposed to be relaxing...I am glad you are taking the pressure off yourself to get a block a month done. Have fun stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your completed Marie Webster applique block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your net usage is great! Nice present for you -- a hard worker, I'm sure! Enjoy your slow stitching today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your fabric stash report. It reminds me to keep my acquisitions in check. This year I've purchased 15 yds. and used 26 yds. I'm trying to finish up UFOs so not much shopping is happening - sigh. You're right, that reproduction fabric is quite bright. Good luck with the little tiller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your new friend is helpful. That quilt is so very pretty. I love the colors. Your applique is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful relaxing time with Marie Webster today :)
    Such a lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too had to get a tiller I could start (as hubby was never home when I needed help). I got an electric one and love it! So glad you took the pressure off yourself - stitching is so much more relaxing when there is not a deadline and we can work on what pleases us. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilting is gorgeous as always. LOVE your new "friend". I'm on my second Mantis. It's very similar to that. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the stash busting this year. Hope you got in lots of good slow stitching yesterday.

    ReplyDelete