Friday, April 7, 2017

Catching up

I taught the Relief Society how to can butter last night. Having canned butter at home, is great for power outages and storm problems. It's a great way to take advantage of sales and specials. It has a grainier texture, but tastes just like butter.




I have all my square in squares finished for the Happy Birds quilt. I used the little cotton and steel scraps from fancy forest quilt.

I have 4 rows together for the Irish chain.
And all but the calyx hand stitched for Marie Webster. I had made a mistake with the trellis and needed to take it off and add a rosebud.

It may seem like I am jumping around from project to project, but there is a small bit of method to my madness. I don't like assembling rows, so I tell myself that I only have to do one. The squares in squares was tedious with 1 in strips and squaring up. So I just did a few at a time to keep from sending it to time out. The hand stitching I do when I am too tired to do anything but sit. What I would really like to do is cut a new project, because I love the mindless piecing. I have to start finishing, and my goals are for finishing, so I have to sneak my least favorite parts in when I can.

Two birthdays down and one to go. Actually, my Mother's birthday was April 29th and I like to do a little something that day to remember too. I am hoping to attend a fiber fair the middle of april otherwise we are all set to play in the upcoming Spring time. Rhubarb, asparagus, and strawberries here we come.

I am linking to:
TGIFF
Finished or Not Fridays
Whoop Whoop


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of canning butter, but it certainly makes sense. I like jumping around on projects too. It does make the parts I don't like go smoother when I get to do fun stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of canning butter either. Will have to read up more on that. You have many lovely projects that you are currently working on. The scrappy Irish Chain is one of my favorite. Thanks for linking up with this week's TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete