Wednesday, April 5, 2017

small quilt group

My small quilt group met last night and there were just 3 of us. It was more laid back and mellow, and almost too quiet.
My first goal was to get all the Irish Chain blocks trimmed and pressed better. done


My second goal was to start piecing the blocks for Bonnie Hunter pattern 4 patch x. I have had the 4 patches done for some time. It was at a stage for a quick grab and go. Mindless piecing and every bit moves it closer to becoming a quilt.
The hard part for this quilt will be the squaring it up with lots of bias edges. And it is supposed to be 8 3/4 inches unfinished. They are close, very close but.......
Here is it what it should look like someday.


Besides the yummy pitch in food, There was a whole stack of quilt magazines  and scraps to sort through to distract us. So I didn't sew as much as I thought I would.


Linda O shared her new rag quilt finish with us. This is a big cuddly quilt. Everyone in her family is requesting it - she may have to draw names LOL
Shelly spent the evening cutting up shirts into 10 inch squares, 5 inch squares, 2 inch squares, and 2 1/2 inch strips. She had an impressive stack of plaids that made me want to dig into my shirt stockpile (hoard). I am not brave enough to cut without an actual plan. But she wanted to have them organized. My crazy mind says but what if I want a 3 1/2 inch square!? or something 18 inches long?! Still I am thinking about it.

And a few more blocks for Happy Birds, my actual goal for the month. Which for some reason is like pulling teeth.

I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



4 comments:

  1. great projects!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well didn't you have a fun night?! I could see why you got distracted by magazines! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely quilts! I love those yellows in your blocks! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun stuff going on in your and your friend's sewing rooms. I like your 4 patch X blocks. That's going to be fun to watch come together.

    ReplyDelete