Sunday, April 30, 2017

stash report April 30, 2017

A nearby quilt shop had a 'not going to Paducah' sale with 20 fat quarters for 30.00. I bought 40 fat quarters as did my friend. Friends don't let friends buy fat quarters alone. Adding it to the total is hard. Fat quarters look so small and non-threatening, but they still add up in yardage sigh..... that is 10 yards... 10

I used for happy birds 15.25

Stash report

Fabric Used this Week:15.25 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 176 3/4 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 10 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 86 3/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2017: 90 yards more used than added

fun stuff


civil war

batiks

neutrals

We did a little bit of plant shopping at Garden Gate Greenhouse near Peru Indiana. We still have to be careful as the average frost date for Indiana is May 10th. It seems like we have been playing at Spring forever. I am not complaining, but I am wanting to plant something. We did add new strawberries to the strawberry boxes.

Last week's spinning was a bust. The spinning wheel was uncooperative. I guess it had been too long since it was loved on and oiled. I am trying again today. My goal today.... the gray and white ball of fluff.



I am linking to:
Slow Sunday Stitching


6 comments:

  1. Great additions to your stash. Love all those neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun sale your lqs had! My only lqs had a lame sale with 15% off certain things each day of Paducah.. when they got to fat quarters they were discounted a quarter each... didn't pay for my gas to drive there so I didn't go... I love your plant shopping choices... and your yarn too! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was quite the FQ haul, they all look great and with such a good price I would have been hard pressed to pass them up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really got some great looking FQs. Love the pretty flowers too. It won't be long and it will be plenty warm for planting lots of plants. I am looking forward to that time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just took a tour of your finished quilts. WOW, there are some very pretty ones there. I especially like all the scrappy ones. They really help get rid of all my scraps and string, of which I have mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a local store to sell fat quarters!

    ReplyDelete