Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Kitchen adventures


I have had a muse in the kitchen of all places. I didn't think I liked the kitchen much, but after the children have left, and I can do what I want, when I want, as slow as I want, I am actually liking it. I decided to make homemade ravioli for the first time. I used the kitchenaid to mix the dough, and pasta roller to roll the dough. I found a great cheese filling recipe. It was fun and really delicious. I didn't get pictures making it, but here is one of the batch I made for the freezer. Homemade is so much better than store bought.


I used this website for how to and confidence
And  this recipe for dough and cheese.

While I had the dough making stuff out, I made noodles for my son's birthday coming soon. He usually requests homemade chicken and noodles and real potatoes. I used the same dough recipe as the ravioli which is  a little different. We will see if He notices a difference.
I  am teaching the church ladies at Relief Society how to can butter for food storage. So I needed to test it first. I am very happy with the results and it was very easy. Here are the directions.

It came out very creamy and spreadable. It has a shelf life of three years.
I have small quilt group tonight and have started oatmeal honey bread in the bread machine. very yummy.
With 3 April birthdays, I will be making a few cakes this month too.
 not much quilting...
A little hand sewing Marie Webster quilt


A few more Happy Birds blocks
Auditioning setting triangles for Floating Stars

I am linking to:
Fiber Tuesday
Free Motion by the River

3 comments:

  1. I always admire women who make pasta from scratch. I'm not much of a cook -- do just enough to get by.
    I love the greens on your Marie Webster block. They are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at other posts at your Marie Webster quilt project. Simply beautiful! I've been wanting to make a Marie Webster quilt for years but I just can't seem to settle on which one, they are all so beautiful! Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ravoli sounds very yummy. Hopefully you can fit in a bit of stitching time around all the family stuff this month.

    ReplyDelete