Wednesday, April 12, 2017

first border happy birds


I was finally brave enough to try attaching a border to Happy Birds. I needed to cut it down 1/2 inch, but, because the hexagons are centered, I took 1/4 in off each side of the hexagons. I knew that could be "dangerous". I had never bothered with mitered corners either, so this was challenging. Deep breath...take it slow.. reread 100 times...etc. I didn't do too bad. The miters are right, but even after fiddling, the checks didn't line up as I had hoped. But the quilt is a little off already, we will be happy.



Now I have to get brave enough to actually trim the miters off in the back. Maybe when I am ready to add border#2. afterall, a girl can only sweat so much at a time.


This is on the longarm frame..   so exciting.
I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

6 comments:

  1. Terrific job on the mitered corners... that's a hard thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your project and the corners look great!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hexagon border is just cute. The mitered corners look great to me. Sending you some braveness to cut them off :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hexies in the border - they look great with the rest of your design. Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally impressed with your mitered corner. I give you lots of credit for trying something new. What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birds are beautiful, lovely colors. Good job on the mitered corners.

    ReplyDelete