Monday, May 1, 2017

eeyore

My eeyore tree is sporting a coat of new growth


My contorted filbert survived the winter. It was given to me by my son with the pink flamingo since we are officially old. cheeky kid
It has been raining for 3 days. And in that amount of time, the grass has grown a foot.

May's One monthly goal and UFO 2017 will be to finish a Bonnie Hunter design - Wild and Goosey. I have completed 192 units of wild and goosey blocks, enough to make 48 blocks. They are all de-papered  and trimmed. I want to set them with an alternate cross block. I have hunted for a pattern, but I haven't found one to finish at the right size. So I am going to try sewing a prototype.

I think I will start with Bonnie Hunter's cross block and just increase the size of the rectangles. I saw this quilt somewhere and loved it. I am shooting for this look.


I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 

main Crush Monday

12 comments:

  1. Those are colorful blocks! Good luck with your May goal!

    Love Eeyore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,
    What a pretty quilt you are working on. I love the squares you shared with us. I look forward to seeing it completed soon ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a beauty, I like the setting you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The block looks terrific. I like your fabric choices. The Eeyore tree is lovely too with it's soft little nubs at the end of each branch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super nice quilt in the making! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wild and goosey block. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those wild geese blocks are wonderful! Love the scrappy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's going to be a fun quilt. Wild and Goosey is my to do list once I get the UFO list whittled down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how scrappy this is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI - Since Judy Laquidara is no longer doing "Design Wall Mondays", I talked to her and got permission to continue Design Wall Mondays at my blog: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

    I hope to see your posts on future Mondays, Judy Hansen

    ReplyDelete