Friday, May 12, 2017

Strings and wings

I had every intention of trimming my string sashings for wonky wishes with this ruler, one at a time, It was the perfect ruler - just the right size.


But, then, genius kicked in, and I remembered I have a 3 1/2 inch strip die for my accuquilt.  woohoo.
I did 2 layers- perfect, then 3 layers, still perfect and 4 layers, no problem. A few turns and 58 blocks were trimmed.


I saw these adorable bunnies at the garden center. Surely, I can figure out a way to make them. yeah right.

Wild and goosey is at the top stage. I need to decide on borders. If I pick a print, there is a chance that it will become dated. That is why I love scrappy quilts. Any more scrappy, and it might just be too busy. I have looked at flying geese borders...I don't know yet. I love it, but, I almost wish I had used a solid for the cross blocks. I think the wild and goosey blocks would have shown out more. But, I love it. whoop whoop.

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays
Whoop Whoop

8 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    50 blocks trimmed in no time - how fabulous! I love your wild and goosey quilt - so scrappy and perfect! ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too! Congrats!
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your Wild and Goosey is just beautiful. I think all the colors in the cross blocks enhances the beauty and interest. I can't imagine them all being the same color -- it might look boring. And I think the white background unifies the quilt. (Just my novice opinion.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'wild & goosey' quilt too, so scrappy and colourful! Looking forward to seeing what you do next... to border or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your wild and goosey just the way it is. Thank you for linking to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh that Wild and Goosy looks absolutely stunning! 😍😍😍 I'm considering buying a die cut but never thought it'd be useful for borders, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love scrappy too and have to note...I love your garden bunnies too! Happy sewing. Thanks for sharing at TUesday Archives.

    ReplyDelete