Monday, March 13, 2017

Moving forward

I attended the annual Gathering of quilters Saturday with a friend. I had a wonderful time and brought home some treasures that I will share later.
I worked a bit on my One Monthly Goal and March Ufo - Fancy Forest. I had the blocks all pieced and have to add sashings. I really dislike this part. It is when the fat hits the fan so to speak. This is when I wish I had been a bit more fiddley with my piecing, and that it would just automatically be the right size and magically go together. But it isn't and doesn't.
I will take it slowly and be more focused when I work on it.
 I have started the background on my rug hooking project. I just couldn't wait until it was all hooked to see if I would like the black, and I do. It gives it a more modern look I think.
I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
Main Crush Monday

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you dislike sashing. Squaring blocks is not my favorite part of quilting. But your Fancy Forest is so cute, you will want to finish to sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy Forest is looking good. Matching seams and easing in or stretching seams is never fun. Good luck with the rest of the assembly process. Love the rug, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete