Saturday, March 4, 2017

A new color

The March  rainbow scrap challenge color is RED.
 I didn't have much time to work with red since the announcement.
I did make 2 maple leaves
My original intention with the maple leaves was pastel colors like these on my inspiration board
My reds are a bit dark, so I will probably add a few pink leaves this month during "red"
While looking in my 2 1/2 in square box, I noticed there are not many reds at all. I use a lot of red in quilt making, I wonder why there are not any squares of leftovers in the box?


 SewCan She


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty leaves. Red is a challenge for me, I don't use much and have almost none in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely additions to your collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a lot of reds in quilts too but can't figure why I don't have as much as my blues and greens in my scrap bins. Your maple leaves are darling. Love those neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the problem I had with aqua. I've made at least three quilts but used all the aqua fabric. No leftovers. Your red maple leaves are quite striking and the pastel version is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your red maple leaves are really pretty! I'm making maple leaves this year, too, and now I'm anxious to get started on them! Adding one in pink is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red maple leaves are lovely. I think we all have a colour low on scraps. With me it was teal/sea green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great maple leaf. I am going to make some leaves too this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's low because you keep using them, not that you use it so you should have more.

    ReplyDelete