Thursday, March 16, 2017

A new sewing machine


The top two sections of my Fancy Forrest quilt are done. It was a miracle that it went together so nicely. It seems to be hanging straight. I was confused by the pattern a little, but, once, I realized how I was reading it wrong, it made sense. I might actually finish it by the end of March for my One monthly goal and my UFO 2017 goal. Now on to the bottom left quadrant.


This little treasure had to come home with me from the Gathering. I have been wanting a hand crank sewing machine for awhile now. I loved this one the minute I saw it. It is badged as an Harris no 9. Everything moves easily and I am pretty sure all the pieces are there.
I loved the case. It is extremely heavy, so I won't be taking it to workshops. I am so excited. I surely didn't expect to find this at a quilt show event. My friend also bought a Wilcox and Gibbs sewing machine. I didn't think I could afford both or I would have brought that one home too.








I am linking to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap

3 comments:

  1. Great progress on your OMG! That new machine is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy Forest is looking good. Great find on the sewing machine. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do now have a Harris in my collection, but I do have two Willcox & Gibbs hand cranks and two treadles and a couple electrics in an electric W&G cabinet. These are cute, fun to use machines. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete