Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A New monthly Goal


One monthly goal and March UFo 2017 at Patchwork Times is Fancy Forest quilt by Elizabeth Hartman. I have completed all the blocks. I need to cut all the sashing and border pieces, and assemble the top, and quilt it.
I used a cotton and steel fat quarter bundle. I am really excited to work on this and finish it.









I found a small batch of 2 inch 1/2 square triangles left over from another project and added them to my Grandpas star quilt project. This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern in her Addicted to scraps column in quiltmaker magazine. I work on these from time to time as rogue squares surface. If I cleaned more, I would find more, but who does that!
I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP
One Monthly Goal

13 comments:

  1. love your projects!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the "Fancy Forest" pattern which I just purchased last month. I look forward to seeing your quilt in its entirety. The photos of the blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy Forest is such a wonderful pattern! Congratulations to you on getting the blocks made. Assembling the top should be a snap. Grandpa's Star is a nice pattern to work on in "found" moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing all the blocks - they're cute and I can't wait to see them all together! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your Grandpa's Star project. It should have a big range of scrappy fabrics if you work on it only from time to time when new/old things turn up! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to seeing your work on Fancy Forest, I have a few of those blocks done, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fancy forest is on my To-do list. So happy for you that you've completed the blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to get all the blocks done. Putting it together should be an easy task. I like the Grandpas Star blocks, very scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the peek at your blocks. The dotty background is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun blocks for your Fancy Forest quilts. I really like that butterfly! Good luck with your goal this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fat quarter bundle basically made the whole quilt? Wow! Your blocks are grandiose! Good luck accomplishing your goal!

    ReplyDelete