Wednesday, March 29, 2017

One monthly goal finish


Fancy Forest is all done. Hook line and sinker. I love it. This finishes my March One Monthly Goal. I am 3 months for 3 at finishing. And Ufo 2017 at Patchwork Times




I attended a workshop taught by the Crafty old broads from Fort Wayne Indiana. I really enjoyed their work. The quilt we were making was called Floating Stars.



Most of the other workshop attendees were using batiks, I have a small collection, and I am not comfortable using them yet.
I decided to do yellow and blue with a white background.
When I arrived, I had forgotten my yellow scraps. My husband was kind enough to bring my yellow scrap drawer to me in a bag. It saved the day.




I cut several blues for stars

And I fussy cut for a strip of 3 stars




Fun class.
I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social



16 comments:

  1. wow, wow!!
    congrats on the finishes!!
    your works in progress will be fun to see finished!

    thanks for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous forest finish! Looks like Linda and Jane's quilt will be very pretty in your yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love that quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and congrats on your finish and being 3 for 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the Fancy Forest quilt, a great achievement to have finished that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the Forest Friends finish - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made the fancy forest quilt but just in baby size. Yours looks fantastic. Mine is still waiting to be quilted. I love your stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Fancy Forest. It is in my To-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your Fancy Forest quilt. I just purchased the pattern not too long ago, but have several projects to do before I can start on it. Loving your star blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your finished Fancy Forest Quilt! It's beautiful!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your finish - it's gorgeous - well done on meeting your goal! It sounds like you enjoyed your class - that's going to be a lovely quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fancy Forest Friends turned out beautifully! Congrats on the finish. Looking forward to seeing your class project come together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful UFO finish! And fun stars:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fancy forest, is it paper pieced? I may have to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fancy forest is fantastic! Cute fussy cutting on your star blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you go! congrats of 3 for 3 - that is awesome. And it is a great quilt too!

    ReplyDelete