Saturday, March 25, 2017

red leaves growing

I can't believe March is nearly over and a new color is just around the corner. March in Indiana was more like winter than winter was. - so weird. All of our little buds and shoots had to grab their winter woolies to keep warm. For me, I now have 4 coats and jackets in the car. I would need to wear one in the morning, and in a bit, it was too hot, so I would toss it in the back seat. Out of sight out of mind. The next morning I would repeat the need for a coat, and couldn't find one so I would grab another. and repeat. sigh...
Red is still the March color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I have these to add to in the garden quilt.


I have the pieces for the pineapple blossom border done in red as well.

I sewed yesterday with my happy birds group. I wanted to continue working on the Irish chain quilt. All the blocks are done. It will be slow going to put the blocks together. My 2012 1/4 inch seam and my 2017 1/4 inch seam are just a bit different.

The blocks on the left were all done in 2012 and are smaller than the blocks on the right. I will need to trim, stretch and cross my fingers. And, of course, this was an afterthought quilt that has wormed itself into the spot light. It isn't in the top 12 ufos for the year. But, I want to see if I can get it together now that it is seeing the light of day.
Judy at Patchwork times is having a quiltathon this weekend.

 SewCan She
Oh scrap
rsc17 super saturday

14 comments:

  1. I like all your projects. The leaves are nice. I've seen other people make these, maybe sometime I will too. I especially like the Irish Chain blocks. They look so springy. She'll be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding that different seam issue as I am pulling UFO's to work on. Your blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the reproduction fabrics in your Irish Chain. Lots of vivid reds. Hope you get in lots of stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would agree with you about previous 1/4" seams and current ones. Heck, sometimes my Featherweight seams aren't quite the same as my Bernina ones -- yikes! Your red blocks look great. Thanks for reminding me that it is almost the end of the month. Mine are cut but not put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The seam difference isn't noticeable. The quilt will be beautiful. Don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reds for the leaves blocks. I want to give this block a chance sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at what you said about the coats in your car! Ours looks the same way - And every morning I'm have to go out to find the coat I need that I left there the day before! I really like those sprouts blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good stuff going on at your place!
    It may be spring, but today we had a surprise hail storm for about a half an hour...it looked like it snowed, but not as soft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you thinking of doing sashing to make the two sizes work? They are too pretty to waste. Hope you are enjoying warmer weather. I saw my first flowers today, white crocuses and a purple one just popping out. Hooray for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bunch of RED blocks added to the mix!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have had similar weather here! Yuck! I like those red leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous scrappy sprouts... makes me want to make some for my own garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fun to see your scrappy sprouts as I am making them too!! Yours are looking great - I didn't get many made this month. Your Irish chain quilt looks like it is going to be extra pretty.

    ReplyDelete