Monday, September 24, 2018

roll roll

As part of my mystery quilt challenge, I have finished roll roll cotton boll, Bonnie Hunter's mystery from 2010, and her 7th mystery, and my 11th finish.
I want to have it in the guild show this  October, even if I did lose most of the points on the border, so I still need a sleeve and label, but I count it finished. I really like the neutral string background. And the colors are great, very traditional and cozy.







Jo of Jo's country junction is trying to finish all the quilts in quiltville's string fling book before the new book is published. I am trying to finish all the mystery quilts as part of that challenge before the new mystery in November. My challenge finishes here





boms away 
Oh scrap

10 comments:

  1. This a pretty quilt. With the natural strings, the other blocks show off ! A great finish, enjoy it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I never tire of seeing this quilt made up. I made one and gave it away. I've wished a dozen times I'd given a different quilt away and kept this one. Your finish is spectacular and I love how you have hung it on you clothes line. Don't you love the how the border makes it sparkle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, you are really getting quilts finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clothes line.... reminds me of helping my neighbor lady hang out diapers for her three kids under 15 months!!! That was over 50 years ago.

    Now do I have this correct - you are doing 11 of the 15 mysteries that Bonnie Hunter has organized over the years!!!!! That is VERY impressive. I am getting so I can spot many of them on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish! I love the look of this quilt, but I've no love for sewing strings myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your finish; those neutral strings are so fantastic!You are much braver than me - mystery quilts scare me silly! Thanks for sharing your quilt on Main Crush Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Way to go!!! There is so much work in this fabulous quilt. Roll, Roll has been on my bucket list for a very long time. Nice to see someone finish one up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a beautiful finish! One more off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember seeing all of the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt finishes. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your roll roll cotton bole quilt, it's one of my favorites of your finishes! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete