Friday, September 14, 2018

hexagons

This is where I left off making this quilt in August of 2016.  Mrs. Holder's hexagon was a temecula quilt shop sew along. I made mine with 3/4 in hexagons. It is meant to be a today's version of an old  1880 antique quilt made by Mrs. Holder.


Someone at Friday group was talking about finishing off projects and that *gasp* she was almost done. I'm pretty sure that should be grounds for expulsion from the group. None the less, I came home and looked at my list, and in the top 5 of ufos, this would be the quickest finish. A finish is different than the goals I have set for my one monthly goal this month. In that I will just stay with this until it is finished no matter how long.
I cut for the next row ( red and neutral) and plan on carrying it in the car with me when I am riding.

Sue finished her wild and goosey- it was spectacular.


I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. I commend you for sticking with the hexie project until finished. I've been finishing project this year and it feels great to move some unfinished projects onto the to be quilted list. This is going to be a lovely quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love hexies and your hexie pretty is lovely. You did make me smile at your comment re expulsion from the group for finishing a project. I think expulsion, most definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finishing your hexie project. It will be very pretty when done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hexie project! It's definitely one worth getting to the finish line. The Wild and Goosey quilt is really, cool. I so want to make one of those, but I'm not good at the random scrappy thing.

    ReplyDelete