Wednesday, September 12, 2018

double wedding ring count

Double wedding ring quilts have been showing up on pinterest and they are certainly different. Check out this link to "modern" wedding ring quilts

Last week I went as far as I could with my quilt without cutting more center pieces and melons, and decided to do a count. I am doing this double wedding ring quilt along with Jo of Jo's Country junction.
I have 7 at this stage. I am missing 2 center melon pieces that I know I cut. 273 sewn pieces

I have 9 at this stage -342 sewn pieces


I have 16 at this stage - 340 sewn pieces


I have 3 at this stage -30 sewn pieces


I have 10 at this stage of a and b pieces - 80 sewn pieces


I have 9 at this stage of just a pieces -54 sewn pieces


I have 16 sets of 4 a pieces - 64 sewn pieces


1 million a's and squares left to sew

1 million b's left to sew


total count of pieces sewn together -1,183 pieces. But, I am l really enjoying this.
double wedding ring quilt along with Jo of Jo's Country junction.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of pieces! But it looks like you are making really good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bins of remaining pieces look pretty intimidating. But I am so glad to read that you are enjoying making this. With the dark blue, it's going to look super!

    ReplyDelete