Monday, September 3, 2018

strings

More work on my string/mystery quilt challenge as part of what Jo is challenging us to do.
The blue string blocks for orca bay mystery quilt are finished, so I have started to work on the red. I have several pieced and a few trimmed. It is taking a long time, because I don't like string piecing, but I think, it will speed up soon, because I am tired of the mess.





For my one monthly goal this month, I want to finish the strings for orca bay, finish roll roll cotton boll, and I want to start a unicorn quilt for my Granddaughter. I just loved the panel. It says Always be yourself... unless you can be a unicorn, then be a unicorn. She wanted a horse quilt. I am hoping this will work.

I bought a coordinating layer cake. I just need to decide on a pattern and dig in to making it.






boms away 
Oh scrap
One monthly goal



8 comments:

  1. fun fabric! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. String blocks are indeed messy! I am finding that true with my slab blocks also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet your granddaughter will love a unicorn quilt. As for strings, I've not tried them yet but have a few quilts in mind that use them. Maybe they'd be good to sew at a retreat when you've got your friends close and talking takes precedence over accuracy! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet she'll love a unicorn quilt - who wouldn't?? :) I found it interesting when you said you don't really like making the string blocks. I think it might be something I would like to try. It would definitely help control some of the scraps that are piling up in my sewing room! Good luck in meeting your goals this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely panel, I love that phrase. These will be great. Good luck with the strings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun panel, I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for your inspiration on the Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Unicorn panel is a lot of fun. Good luck with finishing off all your string blocks.

    ReplyDelete