Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Snow blocks

I spent my time at small group cutting blocks for my snow days quilt by Crab apple Hill

I made quite a mess. I cut strips and then I cut pieces. I needed 15 martha washington blocks 5- 6 inch - 5 -9 inch 5- 12 inch


I did get 2 of them sewn together in the 6 inch size.


I have reached into the darkest recesses of Christmas scraps ( and the attic) and have been cutting the rails for jingle bell square a quiltville pattern. My table is a scrappy Christmas mess, but some oldies and uglies are going to be useful pieces in a quilt. I am hoping to condense my Christmas fabrics to 2 tubs max. Any that can be sorted into color scraps will go there, and will be used as just the color red or green or black. Anything too Christmasy will go in the Christmas tub. I really don't ever plan to buy Christmas fabric..... but it is often at thrift stores, in grab bags and deep deep clearanced after Christmas. It's hard not to buy fabric after 70% off sales.


I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



2 comments:

  1. You've made really good progress on getting ready to stitch. I hate cutting fabric and it's always so nice when it's all ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blocks! And I so agree that it's hard to resist fabric when 70% off - just can't pass that up!

    ReplyDelete