Saturday, February 3, 2018

purple and Christmas

The blue bin is still full but much more organized after making January blue blocks. Hooray


I am excited to use purple for the month of February and the rainbow scrap challenge. Purple is one of my favorite colors.

I spent my Friday quilt group cutting and piecing the purple block for soul searching. This is a great stash busting quilt. These blocks are huge about 22 inches. I have also cut the 2 inch squares for the tokoyo subway quilt. There are 8 blocks that will need purple.


My work on the Christmas block of the month has been slow. Jo of Jo's country junction has a challenge for finishing old block of the months. I did cut a bunch of 1/2 square triangles.


I was worried about "inventing " the blocks since I have lost the patterns, and then I realized I had used the same sizes in last month's squared away block, so I did finish one block. I only have 4 more to go before I can start to plan a layout.


oh, maybe I could do this layout from my inspiration board...

or this...

Time will tell ... or I may just want to get it finished quickly with rows and sashing.

I am linking to
 SewCan She



5 comments:

  1. Best of luck getting the block of the month finished up. So glad the squared away pattern was a help with the recreation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas block you got done with last months Squared Away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the on point setting (if it works with your blocks). Those big plain corners would be great for a focal fabric, or some fancy quilting, or applique.

    I find figuring out the layout to be the hardest part of BOM projects unless it's provided, so I'm always on the lookout for options. Best of luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made great progress on using up your scraps. The Soul Searching blocks turned out beautifully. I like that first layout, it's very different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely PURPLE scraps in your RSC block and that Christmas block is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete