Friday, February 9, 2018

border time

I am ready for a border on my patriotic boxy stars. This is a free pattern at quiltville

I have a dozen of quilts ready for borders. It is my least favorite part. Last year, I thought I had finished so many, I would be better at just getting in there and adding the borders. bummer, not so much. But I think the big hang up, is that my sewing table has to be clean or everything gets dumped on the floor and scrambles under other places never to be seen again. And I am a spreader so there is always mess to the sides of my machine. I do think I am less intimidated by the borders, just lazy about wanting to clean up first.

And, I am finding piecing projects for convenience and once the piecing is done, I find another piecing project, and then, well, it gets finished and so on.

My hubby is home full time, and we are still trying to adjust to that and finding a schedule. He worked 3 to midnight for 10 years. And we are still following that schedule. I used to sew in the evenings, but now He is here and I think I should be spending that time with him. We will figure it out only to change it again. sigh....
I have 3 more glitter blocks finished


I have a few more rug hooking cozies for sale in my etsy shop.




I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop


4 comments:

  1. Your boxy stars looks great. I hope you can find a space to put the borders on. It's such a nice quilt it needs to be finished and have a loving home. (Is this going to QOV or is it going to be a lap quilt at home?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patriot boxed squares came out great! Am sending you energy and creative juice towards finding a border. Liz in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah. Another spreader. I am actually beyond just the sides of my sewing machine. But I just love having reinforcement that the creative people like me struggle with the same stuff. Good luck adjusting to your spouse being home. My HB and I still work, but are approaching that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep trying to remember to make quilts that I can add the border bits as I assemble the rows. Finally remembered on a group quilt this week!! It certainly makes the task easier.

    ReplyDelete