Monday, February 5, 2018

rug twining

My Friday quilt friends asked me to teach them to twine a rug. I enjoy the process and love the rugs I have made. They are the best scatter rugs I have ever had. They lay completely flat, and don't schooch. And they are machine washable. I made the frame for Sue and she wanted to try to use up odd strips of scraps. We managed to get the warp put on using an old sheet, and she started the actual twining.


Here is the post explaining how I made the frame

Here is the last rug I was making


 I have a not worked on the carolina Crossroads mystery quilt this week but I did get a few more  making waves blocks finished. Others I have done.




I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar

show and tell monday

design wall monday   

boms away   link in sidebar

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting process in rug making! Those blocks are so pretty - the pink really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your link this week to Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are so pretty together in the blocks. I'm intrigued about the rug twining - I hadn't encountered that before.

    ReplyDelete