Monday, February 26, 2018

planet quilt


I finished the planet quilt with time to spare. how exciting!


I couldn't find anything I liked to make a border. I wanted to make it bigger, but I just couldn't like anything I tried. I had enough 2 inch strips left to do a small border if I did it scrappy. I like it. And it is done and ready to be gifted to my Grandson.
What I am really excited about is that I really thought the purchase through before adding yet another project to the list. I was convinced I would get to it, but secretly afraid I wouldn't. I have 8 year old projects. but I did get to it and finish it in a quilter's reasonable amount of time. ... or so I think.

As far as participating in Jos string challenge and my corresponding mystery quilt challenge, I finished easy street.

the next quiltville mystery quilt to work on is either to quilt lazy sunday or add borders to carolina crossroads or just keep piecing on ringo lake.

I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar

show and tell monday

design wall monday   

boms away   link in sidebar

3 comments:

  1. Maggie, both of these are terrific! Easy Street is so pretty - my favorite colors - and the planet quilt really didn't want extra borders, did it? Guess it knew what was best - turned out great, and more border probably would have taken away from the design in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both great - but the planet quilt! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Planet Quilt turned out beautifully! Congrats on getting it to the finished stage. Love your version of Easy Street. You've been doing so well on finishing off projects this last few months.

    ReplyDelete