Monday, January 8, 2018

carolina mystery

My personal goal is to finish all the Quiltville mystery quilts while Jo of  Jo's Country junction is finishing all the quilts in the string fling book. I count 17 quilts, which is more than Bonnie usually puts in a book. I would prefer to concentrate on them in order. Since that would be the oldest. Here is a list of what I have and need to do. mystery #1 is Carolina Crossroads from 2007. It was on the website first and then included in Bonnie Hunter book Scraps and shirttails. The top and first border are done and I am auditioning borders.


I don't use batiks very often, but I wanted to jazz up the quilt a bit with them. Still I am inclined to go plainer. batik lovers what would you do?

Still making a block or two a day of on ringo lake for clue 8. I have 26 - more than half way.
I have the sashings done for part 9


 I have discovered that if I put the wings on my glitter blocks, I can finish a ringo block using each as leader/ ender for the other. I add a wing and then, sew the whole column one. Do the second wing  and chain the whole column 2. I add a wing  and I put the first row together. And the last wing and the second row. For awhile I put 2 sashings units together to remove both glitter block and ringo block from the machine to press them and add them to the pile.The sashings are done so I need to cut and work on the finishing pieces to use at the end of the chain.


I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar


boms away   link in sidebar

and there is a mystery link up at Quiltville

8 comments:

  1. I love using two specific blocks as enders (or leaders) together. I tend to do that too if I have specific blocks I'm working on. It makes two projects go so much faster. I still sew odd ball pieces together on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,
    Well, aren't you efficient with your leader/ender for two projects! Now that's the way to get 'er done! I really love your 2007 quilt. I'm not a good one for giving ideas about your border, but I like that second batik from the left (with some green). Here is what I learned as a framer - step back and see what color you see third. That is the color you would use for mats - it pulls that color out and still compliments the main colors. Take that for what it's worth. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there's a challenge! You've done so many of Bonnie's mysteries already this will be a piece of cake. If anyone deserves the Quiltville "Mystery Charter Member" pin at Zazzle it's you (and Jo too)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be fun to do all the mysteries. There are a few I haven't done....DOn't get me started?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a Batik lover! I favor the darkest blue or the green next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've saved all the clues for ORL, but haven't even pulled fabric yet. It will be a 'someday' project for me! Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your participation at the Show and Tell Monday. Hug Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colors are beautiful together for the Carolina Mystery.

    ReplyDelete