Thursday, January 25, 2018

will I finish?

I am still recovering from the flu. I have moments when I think it is almost over, and hours when I think it will never be over.
In the back of my mind, I am wanting to reach my one monthly goal and finishes for January, which is the turtle quilt and to quilt the butterfly quilt. and I am trying to finish up the downsizing on soaps and lotions since January is coming to a close. Before the flu, I was making good steady progress. but now...
I have soap to put somewhere...


And a quilt to finish quilting that has just been tempting me to finish.



I am bored. I have watched stupid Tv until I feel stupid, but it takes too much energy to actually do much. No, I didn't have a flu shot this year. I don't like them. Will I next year? I don't know. I wish I could just trust. My second son was born with an immune deficiency and his first immunizations were dangerous. I waited to give my children immunizations for several months after that. My daughter had the one in a million reaction to the pertussis vaccine, and the doctor wouldn't give it to any of my other children. And then, our youngest is autistic, even after delaying his immunizations for 6 months. I have read so many articles and notice that it is becoming a hate topic. I made my decisions many years ago about the children and wish there was a way to feel completely safe. But I certainly don't want to fight the flu again either. sigh.....


I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel for you! How awful not to be able to do the things you love.
    According to what I have read/heard, the flu shot was only 30 to 50% effective this year anyway.
    And I understand about kids vaccinations. My daughter had a reaction on her 2nd pertussis one. And as a high schooler, she ended up getting the whooping cough which was just terrible to watch. She still has to watch as her lungs are so susceptible to catching things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had good reason not to vaccinate the kids. The immune system is a mysterious thing, some people do really well, some don't. I have heard that it takes a bit to get back to normal again this year. Hopefully you feel just a bit better every day.

    ReplyDelete