Friday, January 5, 2018

playing catch up

I have raided the green scrap drawer for the fabrics I will need for the turtle quilt. I have anything less than a 1/2 yard in scrap drawers. I hope to cut it out at Friday group today. I don't like to cut in a group, but I am not getting it done here at home. I gravitate to sewing On ringo lake - just one more block here at home.


I am still plugging along on the mystery quilt


I have a mountain of mess I am sorting. Sew one block, clean a minute, sew another block, repeat.


But, the best news of all, is I found my bag of 150 glitter blocks that had gone missing. I was seriously worried they were gone for good. I had taken them to my Friday group to help others make their own glitter blocks. I spent the time sewing twosies. Oh! I am so happy, I could do the dance of joy!


I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop



8 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    That turtle quilt is really cute and it looks like it will come together quickly for you. Great job on all the On Ringo blocks! So many pieces to come together, and you are doing a great job. Yay for finding the missing blocks. Don't you just wonder how you missed them other times that you looked for them?! I do that often. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you finding your blocks!!! It makes me smile. I'm grieving for a bunch of hand-applique blocks (hours and hours and hours and hours of work in them) that have been missing for three years. Each time I spring clean, I hope they'll appear, but I honestly suspect my stepmother threw them out, as the last time I had them I was working on them at my father's house. She can be that way. :( Your Ringo block IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Can't wait to see that put together. Don't blame you one single bit for continually gravitating to that instead of cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it exciting to find missing blocks or fabric. I am still looking for my orange handled scissors, missing now for several months. I am afraid they may have fallen off my cutting table into the garbage. Alas, I have replaced them, but still would like to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so happy you found those 150 blocks, that's a whole lot of blocks to lose! Love your Ringo Lake blocks, going to be beautiful when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your cleaning method 😊. See a little, clean a little...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what we find when we clean up our sewing spaces, isn't it? Congratulations on finding those missing blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look great. Make sure you link up when you have them finished. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete