Wednesday, January 17, 2018

ringo lake setting triangles

I decided not to piece my setting triangles for On ringo Lake mystery quilt. So I used the Fons and Porter setting triangle ruler to decide how to cut them. The color is mostly consistent but the prints will be different.


I used a paper template as Bonnie suggested to cut the end off the triangle


Luckily, the edges of the pieced unit fit the cut out of the setting triangle.


So that part of the clue is finished.


I added the sashing for the first row


And then the block just to see... How lovely.


I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



8 comments:

  1. WOW!!
    thanks so much for sharing...I am tempted to try it!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,
    I sure do love your fabric choices. All together they look really great - same tone, and the green is a little calming against the orange and browns. Don't you just love it? ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made a mystery quilt. How fun to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just a few more rows to get the sashings sewn on. My ripper has been working overtime. On to the Finsh this month, looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those setting triangle are awesome - they really complete the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful watching so many versions of the same quilt come together. Each with a little twist here and there, but my heart is won by the scrappier versions. I really like your variety of prints. Looks like your triangles matched up splendidly, too. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ORL is beautiful. I really like the soft green you are using for your setting triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colors in this mystery!

    ReplyDelete