Tuesday, January 9, 2018

turtle quilt progress

These fabrics are for the turtle quilt. I picked fabrics for this quilt from my green scrap bin. The pattern was wonderfully written. I had it cut in a short afternoon at my Friday group ( including much talking and listening)  and everything was labeled and ready to go. I was impressed with the cutting directions. Little things matter - everything for each block to be cut was on one page. I didn't have to flip back and forth.




The quilt pattern is one I won from Susan at Quilt fabrication for a blog anniversary. I am planning on it being a quilt gift for a Grandson. Here is where I blogged about it. It's also part of my one monthly goal at Elm street quilts and 6 and 6 at pomegranate and chintz.

I made a batch of soap this weekend. Our downsizing goal for the month is to make up all my soap supplies and get rid of what I don't use. I want to have quite a few on hand for our use and to give as gifts. I am nearly out of shampoo soap, so that was the first I have made. It has been a couple of years since I have made shampoo soap. I love how well it lathers and doesn't make my head itch.


I also made a mill soap which is a fancy way of saying taking odd pieces of soap and remelting it.


I was afraid that would be last of soap making as I couldn't find my trusty notebook with all my "secret" recipes LOL.  Losing things has become a way of life lately. We found it today, and I am anxious to stoke the soap making fires. And, yes, there is a happy face carved from my silly husband.

I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday


1 comment: