Wednesday, January 31, 2018

making waves

Last night was my little quilt group. It has been a while since I have felt good enough to go. I keep piecing projects back for when I go to this group. I had one I knew was in progress. I searched for about an hour to find it, gave up and found another that would do. I made chocolate walnut bread that was a new recipe and It was yummy. My hubby made a great lettuce salad to take, and I made homemade french dressing. Sometimes, deciding on what to take for food is the hardest part for me. When I started to unpack my machine, guess what was in the case.......the project I had been looking to find. how clever of me.
I finished 6 blocks or 3 months. This is an older Joann block of the month called making waves.




I really like the block of the month from Joann. They come with the pieces already cut and organized, and it is just a matter of piecing. I use a coupon for as many as I can. It is full of fabrics I would not normally think to put together, so I get a chance to see how that works. Sometimes it feels like I am cheating, but it works really well for away from home projects.


It was so good to get out and about again.


I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



4 comments:

  1. Gosh those are great colours. Can't wait to see it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors and fabrics - can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your BoM project. Those are great colors. I actually have all of packs for one of the JoAnn's quilts in my stash. I think it was from back around 2001 or so. Once I finish my current BoM project, I should pull it out and see where I'm at.

    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete