Saturday, August 12, 2017

light, low volume

I have added 6 churn dash blocks to this month's project - snow days

I have 2 -12 inch blocks and 6 - 9 inch blocks finished. I am trying to stay very light in the overall effect. Light is perfect for this month's rainbow scrap challenge.


I am also working on neutral string blocks for the future Bonnie Hunter pattern dawn's early light.
I have all the bigger blocks done which is just an estimate. and I am working on the little 3 1/2 inch squares, which are so cute.



 Joann fabrics had a 70% off coupon on batting by the yard. I bought a 15 yard roll of my favorite Hobbs 80/20 . Such a deal.
While I was there, I had a high school classmate say hi. She started talking about other classmates that still live here. I never see anybody from school. I must be living under a rock. As she tossed out names, I could remember them, but I wouldn't be able to list anyone I knew in school.That was many years ago, wow... many years.

For a little more color... more box kite blocks




I am linking to
 SewCan She

rsc17 super saturday

9 comments:

  1. Nice blue churn blocks. Are you making the whole quilt light blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten a lot done this week! I like your low volume churn dashes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box kites are coming along nicely . Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice string neutrals and I just love the softness of your churn dash blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making good use of your LIGHT NEUTRALS this month. Happy quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your low volume blocks look great! I love your box kite blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the light churn dash blocks. What a great chance to get ahead on a future project with the strings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never considered churn dash blocks in neutrals. It's one of my favorite block patterns, I wonder why it never occurred to me? I might have to go off and see what comes out of my neutral scraps now... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color scheme for your churn dash blocks. You are moving right along with all your projects. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete