Tuesday, August 15, 2017

some parts are just boring

I have a little quilter's ad(h)d - definitely without the h - no hyperactivity here. For Aunt Marys irish chain, I am making flying geese using the quilt in a day flying geese ruler. I am not enjoying the process. It seems like extra work and wasteful. Still, once I committed, and cut the squares, there was no going back. So I have been marking and sewing and marking and sewing and trimming and trimming.

Maybe when all is said and done, the perfect little geese will scream it was worth it, but so far I am not hearing anything. They are cute and tiny - finish at 1 x2, and I need 280 of them.




And then, when I couldn't sew another goose, I started on 9 patch babies made with 1 1/2 inch strips.



And when I was tired of those, well,
I had a fight with winding a bobbin, and just plain stubborness took over and I was determined to rewind the thread, and I found myself an hour later, with this mess. I saved a lot of it but no more. Thread is not that expensive.


I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    Oh boy. You tangled with the wrong thread, apparently. I think I have its sibling over here at my house - mine decided to skip the bobbin entirely and wind around the machine-windie-thing. OMG. What a mess. Those are a heck of a lot of geese, but very attractive ones at that! And even cuter nine-patch babies. Looking forward to seeing where these are going. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! 280 tiny flying geese? and then all those 9-patch strips? Plus the bobbin issue? You have the patience of a saint! At least your geese look amazing though! I'm not a huge fan of waste, but I am still searching for the best flying geese method. I can not make a good enough one to save my life. It's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete