Friday, August 11, 2017

A finish

First, my hubby used bed springs as trellises in the garden for a real funky look- haha- as though weeds didn't get the funky look best.  Our cucumbers have tried "dozing" on the funky trellis. I bet he has a stiff back when he awakes.


I have a finish of epic proportions. tada!
I am so very happy to have this finish. I forgot to fasten the hanging sleeve down, so it is showing at the top. It is more than queen size but not king. The pattern was a block of the month designed by Nancy Rink called Mill girls. Each month's story was about life at a clothing mill in the 1800s, collected in the form of letters. It is a way of life, none of us could imagine. I loved piecing the blocks, the directions were great, but I let it languish when it was time to put it together. I was afraid, I didn't have the skill level, or the patience. But if I had waited much longer, I wouldn't have had the muscle strength to man handle it LOL.


The project I am working on this month, snow days, languished for many of the same reasons.

Now I can focus on it, and make progress. This was finish for a customer. I love her choice of colors.


I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop





8 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    Mill Girls is just beautiful. How wonderful that you got it complete and you can now enjoy it on your bed. I love the fabrics you used - they are very fitting for this pattern. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your medallion quilt. Beautiful finish! Thanks for sharing with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful finish! I have loved seeing your progress especially the beautiful printed borders. Congratulations! Have fun with your Crabapple Hill. Maybe yours will go faster than mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful finished quilt!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mill Girls is stunning! Your cucumber makes me giggle. It's so much fun to try things in the garden. Have a great weekend! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mill Girls quilt is just gorgeous! Congratulations on your big finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mill Girls quilt is really beautiful. I'm glad you saw it through! I really enjoy reading about the mill girls. It was a very tough time, but such a huge part of the history of our craft. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing Mill Girls! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete