Friday, August 18, 2017

mystery solved

I had the quilting finished before we took off for Sauder rug hooking, so I worked on the binding in the car and motel. A finish. Old tobacco road is a free pattern at quiltville. Bonnie shared this pattern as a mystery quilt in 2008.  The wind last night makes picture taking a challenge. If I continue finishing her mystery quilts, I think Double delight is next. I am pretty sure, all it needs is a backing, binding and quilting.







I shared yesterday some pictures of rugs from the Sauder rug hooking week. We had a wonderful time getting away. Rug hooking is something that my husband and I can do together. As a matter of fact, this trip was for him to take a workshop with Donna Hrkman. I had bought this for him as a Christmas gift. Each year, the event posts the registration for the next year just before Christmas, I knew he would love this class and never do it for himself - gift giving solved. Last year, we had seen her work using the steam punk idea. This won people's choice.



This year Donna Hrkman won the sauder award with this beautiful wool rug - odd she is not in the picture.

 Her work is amazing


Jeff was making steam punkin and loved the class. I am thrilled with his work.

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish. Such a lot of piecework in this mystery. Hooray! It is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,
    What a beautiful quilt you just finished. It look fabulous. I love the fabrics and the flying geese border. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it satisfying to finish off a massive project like this one? Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete