Saturday, August 26, 2017

snow days in August

I need 4 -6 inch blocks for my snow days quilt. I am trying to keep them very low contrast with blues and browns and lots of creamy colors.
The 6 inch size uses flying geese that finish at 1 x 2. So cute....

1 1/2 inch squares for the sew and flip corners.


Now, I will need the same block in 9 inches.

I am the official gopher for the house painting project, My job is to sit and wait for the master painter to need something and get it for him. It saves him wear and tear of getting up and down on the ladder. Considering he fell off yesterday, I need to step up my game. He wasn't hurt, but scared us to death. While I am sitting, I have been trimming my string blocks for Dawns early light quilt. Sure, I could be weeding the flower beds, but then he would have to come save me when I can't get back up. And, besides, God is going to weed them come November. But who else is going to trim these blocks? It is really such lovely weather...  perfect for a little cream color for the rainbow scrap challenge for August.



I am linking to
 SewCan She
rsc17 super saturday

11 comments:

  1. Sorry ot hear your hubby fell off the ladder - but so glad he was okay! That is scary. I like your idea about trimming blocks instead of trimming the garden weeds, lol! The snow days quilt is going to be beautiful with all of those low contrast blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the colors of your "snow days" quilt with all those soft blues, creams, and browns. It will be so beautiful. Good luck with the painting. We did that last summer, and I'm so glad we're finished. Happy sewing! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cream crumbs are great! Glad you are there to fetch painting supplies. Having that extra help can make everything else go faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work using some of your creamy NEUTRAL scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggie,
    That sounds like the perfect way to enjoy the wonderful weather, quilting AND DH at the same time. Weeds will wait, or take care of themselves as you mentioned. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, glad to hear your hubby is OK. Ladders scare me to death - when my hubby is on them. Me, not so much. Your Snow Days quilt blocks are to die for (figuratively, not related to ladder falling).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice use of your low volumes. I'm so lad that God weeds The,gardens in November. Glad I don't live in hurricane country, praying for the flooded. That is not good pruning of uprooted trees, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty neutral blocks. Hope the rest of the painting is incident free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness those blocks are so cute! Thank goodness your husband wasn't hurt. It doesn't take much to lose one's footing, miss a step, or feel unbalanced. I hope for no more accidents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea that God weeds in November! Takes some of the pressure off. :)

    ReplyDelete