Saturday, January 7, 2017

quiltathon day 3

4:30 PM
Most of my Christmas stuff has been put away.
 And I am starting the Rainbow Scrap challenge. RSC17 the color for January is purple. I have decided to do Bonnie Hunter Pineapple Blossom for my blocks. I think I will do 5 of each color and I am doing them with 2 1/2 inch scrap strips instead of 2 inches as the pattern suggests. I also want to try using the corner pop tool by Deb Tucker for the corners, to try something new.

oh my goodness there are a lot of wonderful quilts and ideas on think link up  today
my button is in the side bar.



The quiltathon continues at Patch work Times.

All my hourglass blocks in turquoise are finished and ready to mail . I am swapping with my daughter and a friend. I needed 150 divided by 3.


I finished cutting all my pieces for Carolina Chain. I need to label it and send it to the Ufo storage. I don't see me piecing it yet, I just needed to cut scraps as therapy. This is all that is left from 2- 2 inch bins.


I put a customer quilt on the frame and it is ready for the next phase. I longarm in four phases
1. measure and put the quilt on the frame
2. decide thread color, pattern, wind bobbins, thread the machine, baste the edges of the quilt
3. quilt it
4. reward myself - best part

If I try to combine 2 phases, I will procrastinate way too long.
I still haven't found borders yet for the tumbler quilt. sigh....
linky party here

4 comments:

  1. That was a lot of hourglass blocks! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great projects going on in your sewing room! Welcome to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Good idea to combine the RSC with one of Bonnie's patterns!! Hmm... maybe I should try that sometime, too. Just NOT this year. I've already got my work cut out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are lots of great projects out there. Pineapple blossom definitely fits the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot done during the quilt-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete