Tuesday, January 31, 2017

maple leaves


After most of January has passed, and after I have declared my rainbow scrap challenge finished for the month, I had a brilliant idea to add purple blocks to my ufo maple leaves quilt. So I scrambled to add them before the 31st.
I hunted through my 2 1/2 in squares for purple and then dug out the 2 1/2 in strips to cut for a few maple leaves. I have been keeping mostly with pastels in the 30+ blocks I have already done, but I like the idea of adding purple.
I made 4 and I used anything with purple which keeps them fairly light. So next month, I will add this in at the beginning of the month. Next month's color is sea green which will be perfect for maple leaves



I found this great recipe for granola on Bonnie Hunter's blog Quiltville and since I have a love/hate relationship with breakfast, I thought I would try it.

It was yummy

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees f.

Combine in large bowl:
5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels
1/2 cup toasted almonds or other nuts
1/2 cup coconut
3 teaspoons cinnamon


In microwavable container mix:
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup

Combine oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and maple syrup, heating in microwave to mix. (1 to 2 mins is enough)

Pour warm ingredients over dry and mix to combine.
Spread on large cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Watch for browning.


I am linking to:
Fiber Tuesday
Free Motion by the River
Sew cute Tuesdays
Oh Scrap

3 comments: