Wednesday, January 11, 2017

best present


One of my favorite books to read to my children was this book. I had so much fun, and I loved how much they enjoyed it. For Christmas, my daughter had a journal made for me and each of her siblings from old books. The friend who made them for her hunted down this book everywhere so we could have one. Two of them even matched printing dates with birth years. It was an unbelievably special present. I am a journaler, but I don't think I can use it as one. My card said " Thank you for giving me a love of reading. I Love you" so so special.










I wonder if I have read it enough to my Grandchildren hmmmmmm

I finished another part of En Provence, a Bonnie Hunter mystery
I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

7 comments:

  1. thanks for linking up!!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special present! And it took me right back to reading that book with my own kids. I still have it so I can read it to my grandkiddies, too. We also have the audio tape, which they will think is very strange! What's an audio tape anyway? Your En Provence pieces are looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book too. What a great idea to turn it into a journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sweet! Gotta love Grover! Your blocks are so pretty as well! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun book, and awesome blocks - it's coming along! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those journals made of old books, but that has to be the BEST book to use! I remember having and loving that one when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special journal! I've not seen those before, it's a nice way to remember those special times.

    ReplyDelete