Saturday, January 14, 2017

corner pop


I wanted to use a new to me tool, called Corner Pop by Deb Tucker at Studio 180 designs. The Pineapple blossom block I am using for the Rainbow scrap challenge, was the perfect opportunity. I really liked it, and felt like I had a really accurate block when I was finished. Upside - no line drawing.



One side of the tool has the cut line for the corner to be replaced by the flip and sew corner. I loved that it made a quarter inch seam perfectly at the points of turning.

Once both corners were removed. I followed the directions for cutting the square for the replacement triangle. I think it is 1 1/4 inches bigger than the finished size. Then you cut it once on the diagonal.

Then the oversized triangle is sewn with a 1/4 inch seam. I just eyeballed the centering of it, since it will be trimmed down after sewn.
It made a really nice point at the fold. Trimming was easy.



And I was ready for the next round.
I will definitely use this for many more sew and flip corners. The downsize - no bonus triangles. But I have drawers of them that I haven't used. I can afford to take the easy way out for awhile.

 SewCan She
rsc17 super saturday

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen that method for the corner triangles. Looks like it worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really neat block! How nice to find a ruler tool that will make it easy to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slick trick!! Nice use of PURPLE scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat way to make that block. So pretty in purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nifty tool! I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty blocks. I've not seen that method before.

    ReplyDelete