Monday, January 9, 2017

dotty bow ties


Still trying to clean up enough to find my tumbler borders, I found this box of dotty bow ties. There were still some that had been cut and started, so I finished them and counted. I have 207 finished. I think it is time to decide on a setting and start the assembly. I will be using an alternate square of fabric. Bonnie Hunter's cheddar bow ties finished at 90 x 90. I don't think I want this that big. It has a more modern feel in color,and there will be a lot of white, so more of a generous lap size. I have enough for that.



Yesterday, I finished clue 5 of En Provence in the civil war version. I am behind, as there are those who have them quilted and bound. Alas, that is not me. As long as I am moving along, I am happy.
I did use the esential triangle tool to cut my 3 1/2 in triangles. It will take some getting used to since it seems backwards to me. But the pieces were very accurate.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
Main Crush Monday

6 comments:

  1. Love your polka dot bow ties! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice thing about these quilt alongs is that everyone can work at their own pace. I still have last years mystery quilt from Cheryl to finish! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhhhh! Love those bowties! They are so cheerful and pretty! Honestly, they will make a fabulous quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bowties are going to make a very pretty quilt. I'm way behind on En Provence, but like you making progress. How anyone gets them all done in one week is just beyond me.

    ReplyDelete