Friday, January 27, 2017

guild

It was a hand knit sock day, I could tell I needed the wool.




We had our guild meeting at a new place with an auditorium. And we have a new president. Every president works hard, but this one is very organized, should be an interesting year, especially since this is a quilt show year.

I spent 4 years as a workshop chairman for my guild, and I had a different quilt each month. I had a great group of quilters who attended most of them. For two years, I had 2 workshops a month, one using precuts. That is how I have so many unfinished projects. I started each quilt along with the workshop attendees. They finished theirs, while I was off making the next month's samples.
 Last year, I retired into the hands of a very enthusiastic new chairman. She had 10 open sews and retired into the hands of another willing volunteer, who has scheduled open sews for most of the year. sigh.. I feel badly that there are no workshops. I loved them and made so many friends. I don't miss the preparation, but I miss going to them.

I was tempted to join in on the block of the month, but she has a sadistic streak that pops out about half way through the year. Maybe I could make a whole quilt with the first half of two years.

The tumbler quilt is finished... tada. I had hoped to get a better picture at guild, but forgot. sigh.. I do love the red border, and I am glad I didn't put it away to wait for the yellow one. I am surprised how much I like it. I seriously thought I would set it on fire when I finished, as it had been very obstinate. The lesson learned, never give up, after it is quilted and bound, it looks so much better than it seems along the way.
There are 2,183 tumblers in this quilt using a 2 1/2 in tumbler template from Missouri Star Quilting.
It is the 2015-2016 leader/ ender challenge at Quiltville hosted by Bonnie Hunter.
Here is Bonnie's
Here is an adorable one with even smaller tumblers.




So my January UFO 2017 is finished at Patchwork Times, My first one monthly goal at Elm street quilts, and my first finish for 2017.

I have at least 5 days left before I have to work on next month's ufo - what shall I do?

I am linking to:
TGIFF
FInished or Not Friday
WHoop Whoop
Crazy Mom Finish Fridays
Fort Worth Fabric Studio
 SewCan She
patchwork times and one monthly goal

Elm Street Quilts


5 comments:

  1. I like red border too, it looks great. That is a lot of little tumblers, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of tumblers. I admire your dedication. It looks great with the red border! (This kind of quilt always looks better once the binding is on.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! The red border works really well.

    ReplyDelete