Wednesday, February 1, 2017

American Beauty Rose

An actual blue sky. I haven't seen that in weeks. Hooray



Judy of Patchwork times has drawn a new UFO number # 9  and mine is American Beauty Rose, a Marie Webster reproduction quilt. I am very excited to get started on this. I bought it last summer.
It uses quiltsmart interfacing. Which made it look doable for me. But I am sure it will still be a challenge. All I have done is buy the fabric, but I put it on the ufo list because I didn't want it to become lost forever in the black hole project closet.


My One monthly goal is to begin the quilt, working on it everyday in February. At which time, I will decide if it stays as an "in the background project" or gets put away until I can devote another chunk of concentrated time. I think that once I get it to the applique stage, I can work on it in the evenings as my hand project.
 Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal February Linkup.

Yesterday was small quilt group and I worked on my red/ neutral hourglasses for pfefferneuse. If I have counted right, I have all the hourglasses finished, and I have started putting them together in groups of 4.


I am pinwheel challenged and wonder what would be an acceptable percent of failures in the center- 10% 20%? I am only showing the ones that are great. But we shall forge ahead.

I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

10 comments:

  1. Your American Beauty Rose will be a huge challenge -- at least it would be for me. I sure hope you can achieve your goal this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!
    love your project!

    thanks for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on committing to making that quilt for February, with permission to continue or stop at the end of the month. As for the pinwheels, let them go as is. It will receive the same amount of love either way. Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think getting those pinwheel centers exactly right must be so challenging. I've never tried them but I struggled with getting 6 pieces of fabric (with 2 seams) to match. They will be wonderful when you get them in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a beautiful quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty project for February. Good luck with making a start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful pattern! Good luck with your progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that Quiltsmart did applique quilts, I'd only seen it before for the DWR. I do have Quilt In A Day's Magic Vine fusible so will be interested in seeing how this works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pattern. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete