Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Bonnie fan

I consider myself a Bonnie Hunter fan - I discovered her blog in 2008 and I attended my first workshop in 2009. I am just one of many faceless followers. I'm not so sure what appealed to me the most in the beginning. But I was pretty excited about using recycled shirts. I had and still have a problem with the leader/ ender idea of creating an extra quilt, since I worked that way anyway, only on finishing the quilt I was working on at the time.
I am definitely more traditional than modern, only in that I don't think naming it something different, makes it so.
So as I was flipping through the book to see how many triangle units I needed for scrap crystals, I realized I had started all but one of the quilts in her book More adventures with Leaders and enders. Imagine my surprise.
Next surprise - not one of them is a quilt. 4 of them are flimsies waiting to be quilted and 5 are all pieced and just need to be assembled  and 2 are barely cut. I haven't even thought about winston ways.
I have my 12 UFO 2017  and One monthly Goal projects list and none of them are on it. hmmm
and this is just one of her books.
I wonder what this means?
well..1. I do like to piece and Bonnie quilts are definitely piecing oriented.2. I don't like to finish. 3.I want to cut up all my scraps, and believe they will all get used. and, 4. it has to be my Mother's fault - everything is. LOL

Scrap Crystals
Four Patch x
friendship cross
texas tumbleweed
midnight flight
Lucy's baskets
Spoolin Around
Easy Street
Cheddar bow ties
Narragansett blues
Lazy Sunday
need to come out and be finished. But, when.....
In the meantime, I have all the civil war En Provence units finished.
 I had a lovely, early dinner with my #4 and #5 sons. I had a wonderful time eating sushi with the best looking guys in the place! Did I mention they are so funny?








I am linking to:
Fiber Tuesday
Free Motion by the River
Scraptaastic Tuesday
Sew cute Tuesdays
Oh Scrap
I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

12 comments:

  1. so much fun here!

    love those Valentine photos too!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thinking... Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the pile of four patches - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...I have my 17 for 2017 and I'm not getting very far on those and oh my, want to start other things!
    Your picture reminds me of the boxes of 4 patches that I have....and that are not included in my 17 for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to the starts, but I am holding off a new start until I get some of these UFOs done. Easy Street and Naragansett Blues ready to assemble. . .17 for 2017, that is a good idea. I check your link every time you put one up on Jo's Wednesday link. Nell

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a lot of good quilt patterns in that book. Midnight flight and Winston Ways are two that I would definitely love to get made, but alas they have not even been started. It looks like you had a great time for Valentine's Day.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how we all became Bonnie Hunter Fans. I took my 1st Workshop with Bonnie in 2013. I'm anxious to make a Quilt from her latest Book at a Retreat nearVancouver, Washington this May.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you! I love your idea of 17 in 2017! Funny, just today I posted about my first leader/ender project. I'm pleasantly surprised at my progress!

    Looking forward to following your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have a problem with starting and not finishing. My linky party is helping though. I'm actually starting to get some things done. This is new territory for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made a few of Bonnie's quilts, too. Or I have pieced them, at least. I did finish (quilted, bound) En Provence, but most of the rest of my UFO list is Bonnie quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have all of Bonnie's books, but have only started her mystery quilts. At least a few of yours are finished flimsys and you've got your scraps tied up in blocks, not willy-nilly in a drawer somewhere. Looks like you had a very special Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete