Sunday, May 1, 2022

stash report May 1, 2022

There has been no real change in the stash numbers. I have been busy nesting for Spring. We are starting seeds for the garden, making some meals ahead for the busy days ahead, working outside to get the garden ready for planting. And, this year, that takes most of our energy. I haven't been in my sewing room all week. I did go to an open sew yesterday and worked on three projects - fair and square, maple leaves, and boho heart.

I have started harvesting our weeds and started the dehydrator. Dandelion flowers and violets are great for skin health. I use them in skin creams and soaps. Dandelion leaves are good for digestion, and blood sugar, cholesterol. They are a bitter for salads. The root can make a healthy drink.



This is a new weed to me this year - great name- purple dead nettle. Who doesn't want to eat that? It is good for the kidneys, is an anti- inflammatory. Information says it is sweet tasting. I haven't tried it. 


 Stash report  May 1, 2022

fabric added: 0 yards 

fabric added year to date: 44 1/2 yards

fabric used: 0 yards  

fabric used year to date: 128 yards 

83 1/2 yards used more than bought. 

I sewed 0 days last week. 

I made it a little farther across the sky with my friendsheep rug hooking project.


I am linking to:

2 comments:

  1. How interesting. I did not know dandelions were good for the skin as well. I have been harvesting a few "weeds" as well. Violets for salads and Purple Dead Nettle . I have never thought of dehydrating them. Thank you for the inspiration. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete